Information we collect directly from you
We collect the information you provide directly to us, such as when you open an account, place an order, ask to receive emails, or interact with us on social media. This personal data may include:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number;
- Account information, such as your username and password;
- Billing information, such as credit card details and billing address;
- Optional information you may choose to provide, such as your date of birth, gender, social handles, and color preferences;
- Any other information you choose to provide; and
- Products you purchase or express interest in.
Referral Program. If you choose to use our refer-a-friend service to tell a friend about Touchland, we may collect your friend’s name and email address in order to send your friend an email and (if you so choose) one follow-up reminder email inviting them to shop with us. We store information about the individuals you refer in order to send these emails and to administer and track the success of our referral program.
Information we collect from other sources
When you access the Services through a social network, we collect information from the social network in accordance with your settings on the social network. This information may include friends or followers, check-ins, and likes, and you may choose to grant or deny us access to such permissions. For more information regarding any such permissions, refer to the permissions reference pages of the social media networks with which you have an account. For more information regarding Facebook and Instagram permissions, refer to the Facebook Permissions Reference page.
As explained above, if you interact with us on social media, we will collect information about those interactions. The information we may collect includes your name, picture, and email address.
We may also collect information about you from third parties, including mailing list providers and publicly available sources, or friends that refer you to Touchland.
Information we collect by automated means
When you visit our Services, we collect certain information automatically. The information we collect automatically may include:
- URLs that refer visitors to our Services;
- Search terms used to reach our Services;
- Details about the devices that are used to access our Services (such as IP address, MAC address, browser information, device information, and operating system information);
- Details about your interaction with our Services (such as the date, time, length of stay, and specific pages accessed during your visits to our Services, and which emails you may have opened); and
- Usage information (such as the number and frequency of visitors to our Services).
We may combine the information we collect through cookies, web beacons, or other technology tools with other information we have collected from you or information from other sources. For instance, we may associate this information with your Touchland account if you have one, the device you use to connect to our Services, or email or social media accounts that you use to engage with Touchland. We may also collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites. We may use such information to draw inferences about you, such as your location based on your IP address or products you might like based on your browsing history on the Services.
Aggregate, deidentified information.
How we use your information
We may use the information we collect to:
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and other transactions related to the Services;
- Communicate with you about our Services, including to message you about your account or order, tell you about products, coupons, promotions, or other Services that may be of interest to you, or notify you of updates to the Services;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments, and suggestions;
- Facilitate your engagement with the Services, including to enable you to create and manage your account, post comments and reviews, and engage in user-to-user interaction;
- Offer contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions;
- Personalize the advertisements you see and your use of the Services by generating a profile based on your preferences, interests, and purchasing and browsing histories;
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience using the Services, including repairing any errors affecting the functionality of our Services;
- Conduct or administer surveys and other market research, including requesting feedback and contacting you about your use of the Services;
- Perform other business activities as needed;
- Assist law enforcement and respond to subpoeas;
- Comply with our legal obligations, including your rights recognized by law or regulatory requirements; and
- Protect against, identify, investigate, and respond to fraud or other illegal activity.
How we share your information
We may share the information we collect:
- With service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as those that provide shipment and payment services, customer service, and marketing or technical support;
- With select partners as a part of co-sponsored promotions;
- To comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, protect and defend Touchland’s rights or property, protect the safety of our customers and Services users or the public, and protect against legal liability;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Touchland’s current and future parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent and at your direction.
If you are in the United States, we may also share information about you with select third parties so that they can communicate with you about products or services that may be of interest to you. For information on opting out of such disclosure to third parties, see “Opting Out of Email and Third-Party Marketing” below.
We may share aggregate, non-personally identifiable information about Services users with third parties as well.
When you provide a product review or other user content, that content will be publicly posted. Other users may be able to see your name or other information about you that you post, so you should use care before posting information about yourself online.
Analytics and interest-based advertising services
We may also ourselves, or with third party vendors, use information we collect in connection with vendor information to deliver targeted advertising to you across websites and mobile applications. Cookies and other similar technologies described above may be used in this process. For example, if you are searching for information on or have purchased a particular product, we or our vendor may cause an advertisement to appear on other websites or applications you view with information on that product.
We believe that such advertising, sometimes called “interest-based” advertising, is helpful because you will see advertisements that are relevant to your interests. However, you have the choice to tell us not to collect and use this information, and in some jurisdictions, we may only engage in interest-based advertising if you opt in. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices concerning interest-based advertisements, visit:
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. You can usually also manually delete individual cookies or all of the cookies on your computer. These options will be on your browser, and the browser will usually have help file directions that you can follow. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may not decline web beacons. However, they can be rendered ineffective by declining all cookies or by modifying your web browser’s settings to notify you each time a cookie is tendered, permitting you to accept or decline cookies on an individual basis. Note that browser-management tools for cookies are outside of our control and we cannot guarantee their effectiveness.
Opting out of email and third-party marketing
You may unsubscribe from our promotional emails at any time by following the instructions included in those emails, or by editing your account settings. If you opt out of receiving such communications, note that we may continue to send you non-promotional emails (such as order confirmation emails or emails about changes to our legal terms). We do not offer you the opportunity to opt out of receiving those communications.
If you do not want your personal data shared with any third party who may use such information for direct marketing purposes, you may opt out of such disclosures by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
Your rights and choices managing or deleting your Touchland account or personal data
You may also exercise any rights, under and subject to applicable laws, to request access, correction, or deletion or restricted access to your personal data. As explained, we may need to retain some of your account data and other personal data for legally permitted purposes. If you are a California resident, your specific rights are detailed in the “California Privacy Rights” section below.
If you need assistance correcting or updating your personal data, or would like to request that we delete your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.
Our Services are not designed for children, and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided personal data to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will endeavor to investigate and delete that information from our systems.
Links to other websites and third-party content
Our retention periods for personal data are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal data only for as long as is necessary for the fulfillment of the processing purpose(s) for which the data was collected, unless otherwise provided in agreements between you and Touchland or as required or authorized by law. For example, we may retain certain transaction details and correspondence until the time limit for claims arising from the transaction has expired. Personal data that is no longer required to fulfill the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased, or made deidentified.
We maintain reasonable and appropriate measures designed to maintain information we collect in a secure manner. We have taken certain physical, electronic, and administrative steps to safeguard and secure the information we collect from visitors to the Services. Even though we follow reasonable procedures to try to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your information will be secure in all circumstances.
California privacy rights
Users who are California residents may request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, as well as the names and addresses of all such third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided in the “Contacting Touchland” section below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Services, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Services. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Services, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
If you are a resident of California, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides you with other rights. The CCPA currently does not apply to our Services, but feel free to reach out to us if you have questions. We may be reached using the contact information in the “Contacting Touchland” section below.
Visitors from outside the United States - Cross-Border transfer
100 SE 2nd St
Miami, FL 33131
Last Updated: 4/21/2021