Information we collect directly from youWe collect the information you provide directly to us, such as when you open an account, place an order, ask to receive emails, or interact with us on social media. The types of personal data we may collect directly from you include:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number;
- Account information, such as your username and password;
- Billing information, such as credit card details and billing address;
- Optional information you may choose to provide, such as your date of birth, gender, social handles, makeup and color preferences; and
- Any other information you choose to provide.
Information about your use of our ServicesWe collect information about your use of the Services, such as the products you buy or express interest in. Referral Program If you choose to use our refer-a-friend service to tell a friend about Touchland, we may collect your friend's name and email address in order to send your friend an email and (if you so choose) one follow-up reminder email inviting him or her to shop with us. We store information about the individuals you refer in order to send these emails and to administer and track the success of our referral program.
Information we collect from other sourcesWhen you access the Services through a social network, we collect information from the social network in accordance with your settings on the social network. If you interact with us on social media, we will collect information about those interactions. The information we may collect includes your name, picture, and email address. We may also collect information about you from third parties, including mailing list providers and publicly available sources, or friends that refer you to Touchland.
We may ourselves, or with third party vendors, use information we collect in connection with Merchant, or vendor information to deliver targeted advertising to you across websites and mobile applications. Cookies and other similar technologies described above may be used in this process. For example, if you are searching for information on or have purchased a particular product, we or our vendor may cause an advertisement to appear on other websites or applications you view with information on that product. This form of advertising, sometimes called "behavioral advertising" or "interest-based advertising" is based on anonymous or de-identified information. To be clear, de-identified information may include hashed email addresses or other unique identifiers that no longer personally identify you. As a result, we and our vendor know your interests, but do not personally identify you in connection with the delivery of that specific ad. We may use anonymized data collected on social media with ad purposes, including also the usage of our data and our partners data with this purpose. We refer to the data that you explicitly accepted to send to us.
We believe that such advertising is helpful because you will see advertisements that are relevant to your interests. However, if you would like to opt-out of these interest-based advertisements, please follow the opt-out process described below under "Opt-Out.”
Opt-Out Process:If you do not want your Personal Information shared with any third party who may use such information for direct marketing purposes, then you may opt out of such disclosures by sending an email to us at email@example.com. Please note that if you opt out in this manner, certain aspects of the Service may no longer be available to you.
Email Communications. As noted above, if you wish to opt out of promotional emails, you may do so by following the "unsubscribe" instructions in the email, or by editing your account settings. All users receive administrative emails. If you wish to opt out of administrative emails, you must delete your account entirely and cease use of the Service.
The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads/interest-based advertising from us and our data partners and our other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. We endeavor to comply with the DAA's Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. The DAA's opt out tool can be found at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. The Network Advertising Initiative's (NAI)_opt out tool can be found at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
- Search terms used to reach our websites;
- Details about the devices that are used to access our websites (such as IP address, browser information, device information, and operating system information);
- Details about your interaction with our websites (such as the date, time, length of stay, and specific pages accessed during your visits to our websites, and which emails you may have opened); and
- Usage information (such as the number and frequency of visitors to our websites).
How We Use Your InformationWe may use the information we collect to deliver the products you request, to maintain and customize your account and our interactions with you, and to provide, maintain, and improve our Services. We also use the information we collect to:
- Communicate with you about our Services, including to tell you about products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments, and suggestions;
- Facilitate your engagement with the Services, including to enable you to post comments and reviews;
- Offer contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions;
- Conduct or administer surveys and other market research; and
- Protect against, identify, investigate, and respond to fraud or other illegal activity.
How We Share Your InformationWe may share the information we collect:
- With service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as those that provide shipment and payment services, customer service, and marketing support;
- With select partners as a part of co-sponsored promotions;
- To comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, protect and defend Touchland’s rights or property, protect the safety of our customers and website users or the public, and protect against legal liability;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Touchland’s current and future parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent and at your direction.
Your Rights and Choices Managing or deleting your Touchland accountYou may review, update, or modify your account information, including profile and contact information, at any time by logging into your Touchland account. You may delete your Touchland account by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opting out of email marketingYou may unsubscribe from our promotional emails at any time by following the instructions included in those emails. If you opt out of receiving such communications, note that we may continue to send you non-promotional emails (such as order confirmation emails or emails about changes to our legal terms).
Restricting cookiesMost web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our websites.
ChildrenOur Services are not designed for children and do not knowingly collect personal data from children. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided personal data to us, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
Data Transfers and Privacy ShieldTouchland is headquartered in the United States, and we have operations and entities in the United States and other countries. As such, we may transfer your personal data to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it. When we transfer personal data from the European Union or Switzerland to the United States, we comply with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss - U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data transferred from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States, respectively. Touchland has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/. In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, we are committed to resolving complaints about our processing of your personal data. EU and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our compliance with the Privacy Shield program should first contact us. We have further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to JAMS, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact or visit https://www.jamsadr.com/file-an-eu-us-privacy-shield-or-safe-harbor-claim for more information or to file a complaint. The services of JAMS are provided at no cost to you. Under certain conditions, you may be able to invoke binding arbitration to resolve your complaint. Touchland is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission. If we share personal data transferred to the U.S. under the Privacy Shield with a third-party service provider that processes such data on our behalf, then we will be liable for that third party’s processing in violation of the Privacy Shield Principles, unless we can prove that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
Residents of the European Economic AreaIf you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for ProcessingIf you are a resident of the EEA, we process your personal data when:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the Touchland products you have ordered).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to send you marketing communications and to provide, secure, and improve our Services.
- We have your consent to do so.
Data subject requestsIf you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, updated, or erased. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us as indicated below. If you have a Touchland account, you may also review, update, and delete certain personal data by logging into your account.
Questions or ComplaintsIf you are a resident of the EEA and have a concern about our practices concerning the processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your relevant local Data Protection Authority, please see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
Data RetentionOur retention periods for personal data are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the data was collected, and any other permissible, related purpose. For example, we may retain certain transaction details and correspondence until the time limit for claims arising from the transaction has expired.
California Privacy RightsCalifornia law permits residents of California to request notice of how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes or to opt out of such sharing. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice or to opt out, please submit a written request to the following address:
TOUCHLAND LLC, 100 SE 2nd St, Suite 2000, Miami, FL 33131, Attn: Legal, or by emailing us by emailing us at email@example.com.
TOUCHLAND LLC100 SE
33131 Miami, FL